Yalding Garden Society (YGS) takes your privacy seriously. When you join YGS and participate in our activities you share some of your personal data with us. This notice explains what we collect, why we need it, how we use it, how we keep it secure and your rights in relation to it.
The data we hold contains some or all of the following information:
• postal address
• e-mail addresses and telephone numbers (if known)
• membership status
• membership subscription payments made in the last seven years
• ticket sales and reservations, retained for a maximum of 12 months
• show entries, retained for under two years
• records of any awards, certificates, competitions, or cups won, retained for an indefinite period
• reports and photographs of events, retained for an indefinite period
We do not obtain any personal information about members, or potential members, from third parties or public sources.
We use this data to run the Society, manage our membership, organise events, and promote and record our activities. This is known as our “legitimate interests”.
We may also use your data to inform you of news, events and activities that we think may be of interest to you. We will ask for your explicit consent before we do this, and you may withdraw this consent at any time.
We do not share personal information with third parties unless this is necessary when organising a trip, in which case we would ensure that the information was destroyed as soon as practicable. No personal information will be passed on without your explicit consent. After a member leaves the Society, we may retain their details on the database for a temporary period in order to cover regulatory queries and accounting requirements.
We store personal information in secure paper files or in password-protected computer files.
Every member of has the right at any time to:
• request a copy of the personal details which YGS holds for them;
• ask YGS to correct any inaccurate or out-of-date personal data; and
• withdraw their consent to YGS holding or using any or all of their details in the database for the
purposes listed above.
YGS’s nominated Data Protection Officer is the Membership Secretary, currently Jane Bird. Please address any queries, requests or complaints about the holding of your personal data in the first instance to her: Parsonage Farm House, Hampstead Lane, Yalding Kent, ME18 6HG or via email: email@example.com